One mans quest to sample 4000 beers by the time he is 40!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sirens Acallin

As the siren sounds for one more air attack during this exercise I dawn my gas mask for what seems to be an eternity. Usually they are nice on us and keep us in it for hour or so, but there was the one 3 and half hour one the other day. The mask are so uncomfortable, but as I lay almost lifeless as to not mess with it I realize that it is here to save my pathetic life. Wow that was dramatic writing. Really I hate these training maneuvers, but when your in the military you have to remember that you can be asked to fulfill your duty any day. Being 1 hr and 45 min from the DMZ makes you a speed bump for the fifth largest army in the world. What makes it worse is when an army fights for freedom and for all the stuff it doesn't have. Just remember what happened to the British when the colonies fought back. The North Koreans barely have power, food, and rights, so why would they let the South bask in it's glory forever. It seems that something will happen eventually weather it be peace and reunification or all out combat. Lets just hope it happens at least 11 months from now when I am off this peninsula.

In other news someone actually visited my site by searching for blogs on Korea. They must have been pissed when they found out that this one is not really about Korea, but about me. Why can't I get crazy people looking for slugs to see mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home