One mans quest to sample 4000 beers by the time he is 40!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Stuck on a Bus!

As I sit there stuck on a bus, during a simulated attack for more than an hour, thoughts started running through my mind. I mean some of the weirdest things from what am I going to type about on my blog to what was I going to eat when I got back to my dorm room. I even thought about the last time I was stuck on a bus.

I can remember it like it was yesterday even though it was Dec 6th 2002, I had been invited by my friend Jesse (Opie, Opslice, Jelly-O, ect nicknames) to go to Berlin with Sandie (the stuck-up ice queen butch) for the Foo Fighters concert on Friday. The concert went great, not to mention some hot Scottish chick has a picture of me and doesn’t even know my name, go figure the story of my life. Since I don’t know her name either. Well we didn’t go home until Monday, so that meant we had all day Sunday to do site seeing. We decided to go by bus to Checkpoint Charlie and a few other sites to include the remains of the Wall. The problem all started when we tried to get back to the hotel. We missed our stop because unlike most buses you have to press this red button before your stop or you don't get off. So we stayed on the bus thinking it would loop back around. Plus Jesse decided to pull the big bleeding heart move out on Sandie, which turned into an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as she put a stake through Jesse's chest. He got one of my all time favorites "the I just want to be friends, who cares how you feel about me" lines. I on the other hand was stuck sitting with the only old lady who speaks English in Berlin and she was playing ask the American 200 questions. Well after getting the full by bus tour of the city it ended up at the main train center and ended operations. So we scrambled to find another bus that took us back to the hotel, which was now on the other side of town. We decided on one that look to stop near our street. We let it roll on, but none of the streets came up that we wanted and somehow we stayed on until this bus reached it's end. Then the driver kicked us off. So lets recapped three non-German speaking Americans lost in Berlin in like -30 degree weather, sitting in a bus stop, and it was now a dark 6pm. After 15-20 minutes I had found out that the bus stops on a parallel street and now knew where to get off and I guess the driver had his smoke break because he decided to pick us back up. After a few stops we got off a few blocks from the hotel. We walked to the room and I snuggled up in my warm bed for the night, Sandie did the same in hers, and well Jesse decided to get drunk and throw up at 4am Monday morning waking me up. Needless to say it was a far from a fun day on the bus.

Well the all clear sounds and we travel to the dorms so I can type and eat, thank god one more day in the life and times of Shawn Shaut down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home