One mans quest to sample 4000 beers by the time he is 40!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Then and Now (part 1)

I have wondered around tons of blogs this weekend trying to pass the time. Between this I have talked on AOL, Yahoo, and various other means with friends about stuff that is going on now and stuff that had happened in the past. After the fact I realized that not everyone who reads my page will ever in fact know me the true SHAWN!

You all get the glimpse of the drunken, funny, interesting, sometimes boring, and curious man that I am now. However if there are more people that act like me then they are saying I wonder how he got this way. This will probably be the part 1 because I will add stuff later. Since I already put the parenthesis around part 1 then its official. I will bring you from when I was hatched to HS, for now and then HS-Military in part 2, followed by Military to present day. Wow I can get three blog post out of this maybe more if I ramble a lot.

Well if you’re going to begin you have to start with birth. I was born at 12:58 am just having missed Easter Mar 27th 1978 (yep I will be 27 soon), in corning hospital NY to Leon Shaut and Beth Elliott. Oh yeah I am a bastard child for you that are now surprised. My dad was on his ship on the Panama Canal at my delivery time serving in the U.S. Army. Well soon after he got out and we originally lived as a happy family in Campbell NY. However do to the landlords we found ourselves moving to a trailer on my Grandparents 8 acre plot. Wow I am a bastard trailer trash baby; you would think I grew up in Alabama. Needless to say my parents got married in 1980 and unbenounced to them my brother Mike made the wedding but was inside my momma’s belly. He was born in Feb 1981. I have an older half brother named Joe who is from my dad’s first marriage. Being the oldest in the house, but middle child overall kinda sucks. Every time Joe did something wrong I was in trouble, every time Mike cried, I was in trouble. God forbid I talked back; I was going to get a whoopin. Some might not agree with spanking or whoopin your kid, but I am as normal a person you will find, and I used to get them until I was a teenager and I promise you I learned from them.

Well living in Erwin was not what you call a great deal. In fact it sucked goat balls. That is why I claim either Corning 11 min from my house or Campbell 9 min from my house and where I graduated from High School. If you count my brother and my dogs as friends than I had one, I hate my brother. Peppy my child hood dog born a few days before me lived along time, but he past away before I grew into teen hood. I also had a cute cat named charcy that was charcoal color that was murdered on my kindergarten graduation by the asshole drunk neighbors. A year later in 85 my mom’s cat fluffy had kittens and I kept George Henry Bigfoot Shaut (Bigfoot for short). He had 7 claws on each of his paws. That cat was crazy to; he was my alarm clock all through school. At exactly 6am he would jump on my chest and wake me up every week day morning and some weekends.

Elementary school was okay, but most people don’t know this, but they sent me to special classes for reading and writing. I still hate reading and am slow at it, but writing I think they just never got my style and well my spelling always was terrible. I had a few cute girlfriends through those years and well even if it was harmless dancing and kissing I wish I new what happened when we grew up back then, J/K. There was Allison Kramer (who last time I saw was still a fox), she invited me to a pool party even though I can’t swim and I was the only boy. Woohoo!!! Then for the next 3-4 yrs I spent chasing Laurel Finn and later after she left our school she won Miss Teen NY. Then when I was about 10 a family moved in up the road and Nicole Jones was the same age as me, I think we were b/f and g/f about as long as it takes a cheese burger to cook at McD’s. I consider her the one who got away. Following this I dated Kelly Geyer, but that was like a ploy to get to her friend Crystal Nash (who moved to FL after our 6th grade year) that I had a huge crush on. I then dated Bridget Keegan which was just a fling that kept the phone on and my dad pissed. I also dated a girl named Christina from Texas every summer, but god help me I don’t know her last name. I also had a pen pal love affair with Melissa Ketrow a girl who has family near me, but lived in NJ.

Those days had me remembering why I was such an angry crazy guy in High School. I used to get my ass kicked on the bus and they would take my lunch/money. I learned to be the small guy with a big attitude and run fast. I was good in school grade wise. I was one of those kids that knew how much he had to do to get by and that’s what I did. I remember finishing in the top of my class every year in that stupid athletic award test, but never was the first one picked for sports. I mean my parents never let me participate in after school programs until my 8th grade year and then only because my grandma said she would pick me up. My best friend through my junior high years was Marlin Ballance, he lived not to far from me and we rode the same bus. Easy to get permission to visit his house and was on the way for pick-up for my parents. We used to play on our basketball courts for hours acting out real NBA games and stuff. We traded sports cards did normal best friend stuff. I miss him everyday. Brian Austin was my summer buddy also because his family was in racing and mine was to, so every Friday and sat nights you would find us at the race track.

Highlights of my youth would have to be running into my grandparent’s house racing bikes. That was extreme sports back then, lol. Being the first one to catch a kick ball hit by Brett Deming and becoming a kick ball icon. Finally the reason why I didn’t get my ass kicked all through HS. Seems that one day Jim Seely and the boys were picking on me as always on the way home from school. You have to know Jim was like sophomore junior at the time, well I guess I just flipped because I put everything my 98lb frame had behind it and split his lip open. He thrashed me good, but it didn’t hurt at all. I had earned my right of passage, later we apologized and never fought again. It became my bus after that year. The spring of my 8th grade year was full of rumors and concerns. Campbell and Savona had voted on a merge so instead of being Campbell Red Jackets and Savona Bulldogs we would be Campbell-Savona Panthers starting my freshman year. New faces, new friends, new stories.

To Be Continued...............................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home