One mans quest to sample 4000 beers by the time he is 40!

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Playing Catch-up

Wow I can't believe it is Wednesday morning already. I guess I have been playing catch-up for last week. Seems that Mon, Wed, Fri we automatically work 12hr shift because of our wonderful PT program. Then Tue and Thur we work around 10hrs on those days. Eitherway when you add that with the exercise last week, when I get home I have been beat. Well last night I decided about 6pm that I would catch some z's, this turned out to be about 11hr nap. Can 11hr be considered a nap?

It has been really cold the past few days and it even snowed and got really icy on Mon. I damn near fell on my ass 3 times walking home from work. I don't think it would be that bad, but there really is nothing to block the wind except for buildings. This is okay in some areas of the base, like around the massive dorms, however not around the area where I have to walk to get to work. I just hope that they are lying when they say that the weather hasn't gotten bad yet. My heater in my room is already on high just to keep ice from forming on my head at night. I really would like to thank the window manufacture for designing windows that don't fit perfect and seals that are sub par for the course. This allows for maximum cold air to enter my room, great job. Just imagine those last few lines in my most sarcastic voice ever.

My newest troop is up for Airmen of the Year for the base so I decided to go to the banquet on Sat and support him. Eventhough I wasn't his supervisor when he won, I think it is important to back your troops in the good and the bad. I sometimes have a hard time being the NCO that I need to be when I don't agree with Supervision on things. I promise though if anyone needed a guy they could depend on in the shit (ref: inspections or war) I am the go to guy. Now it's just time to make this new shop of mine realize this. There two good reasons for this, one you get more respect for what you do on a day to day basis and two they usually stay off your balls while letting you work.

My shops newest policy is that for everything that happens wrong we will work 12hr shift. Don't get your base drivers license in 45 days, you work 12hr shifts till it's done. Don't get signed off on all tasks by 4 months and you work 12hr shifts until you do. Don't brush after you drop a nasty deuce in the toilet and you have to work 12hr shift. I just think it's funny, they need to come up with something worse than that. I mean that's like telling a kid to stop that or I will send you to your room with all your toys. I mean whatelse is there to do most days and half the week I already work 12hrs. They can't keep me anylonger without the commanders approval and we all know a commander will not do that. So slap me, slap me, slap me, I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home